41st B-Day Party

41st B-Day Party
Almost All 40

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What it Means to be 40?

What I have learned about being 40? Well, for one thing I really don't feel as old as I thought 40 would. I think my mind feels 20 plus, until I catch my legs in the mirror and see cellulite hanging there; until I see the 20 plus girls in size 3s and realize my size 10 is really a size 15 if I realize the enflation of sizes since I was the 20 plus. I feel 20 until I party with my 20 plus friends and no one asks for my ID, and the next morning I still wake up at 6:30 a.m. and feel like shit. Forty plus is great until I realize my life is half over.

Why do this Blog then if 40 is so depressing? Well, 40 plus has its perks. What you ask? I know at 40 that I can still be sexy if the skirt is just a bit longer; I pluck the black hairs from my chin before I go out, and the lights are just a tad dimmer. I know that at 40 plus I can tell someone to go to hell in a manner in which they won't even know it, but I feel better. I know that at 40I am strong. I lived through the dateless nights, wedding, and babies. I know at 40 that it is okay to take chances. I also know that 40 means I really am not that much more confident, but I can fake it better now.

1 comment:

Bob, Jen and Alex said...

I hope I look as good as you at 40. You are one hot mama!!!!